Hypnobabies® Childbirth Hypnosis is an in-depth, 6-week, complete childbirth education class that incorporates Gerald Kein’s Painless Childbirth techniques to help you have the best birth possible.
Many hypnobirthing classes rely on simple relaxation, breathing or guided imagery, which is great, but we want our Hypno-Moms to enjoy “Eyes Open Childbirth Hypnosis,” easily remaining deeply in hypnosis while walking, talking, changing positions – being as mobile as they would like to be during childbirth.
How does it work?
Hypnobabies® uses the same kind of hypnosis techniques that people employ when preparing for surgery without any medication, which is called hypno-anesthesia. We’ll use hypnosis scripts to train your inner mind. You’ll be fully in tune with your baby during the birthing process and as aware as you’d like to be, easily able to communicate and be in charge of your own birth experience.
- Our classes teach Hypnobabies® birth partners how to fully support our Hypno-Moms, although Hypnobabies® can also be used very successfully by single mothers.
- Our comprehensive childbirth education curriculum also ensures that our Hypno-moms understand what is happening during birth and have the knowledge and confidence to make the best decisions for themselves.
- Our classes also focus on exercise and nutrition to help Hypno-Moms stay healthy and comfortable.
Why choose a natural, easier birth using Hypnobabies?
- Most of our moms need no drugs, which means less risk of side-affects. Since labor proceeds naturally few, if any, interventions are required minimizing the risk of complications for both mom and baby.
- Hypno-Moms tend to have shorter labors since there is less resistance of the birthing muscles when pain and fear are minimized or eliminated.
- Breech and posterior babies can sometimes be turned using hypnosis.
- Blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature can be lowered and nausea, back and hip pain eliminated with hypnosis during pregnancy and labor.
- The self-hypnosis and relaxation skills taught in class, not only help moms sleep better and feel more confident during pregnancy and birth, but these are skills both they and their birth partner can use for the rest of their lives.
See for yourself how well it works by reading the birth stories on the Hypnobabies Blog.